Children of a lesser God

Everyday we encounter a multitude of faces, some young and chirpy, some old and wise.But the face that is etched in my memory is of the little girl peeking through my car window with a forlorn look oh her timid face and a bunch of roses in her hands. That face seemed to communicate so much. It spoke of hunger, pain, poverty, illiteracy, and at the same time hope and a will to survive !. The signal turned green and I moved on, but my thoughts remained . Her eyes seemed to be rooted on me, questioning me. Questions that I did know the answer to. Why are some of us fortunate to be blessed with luxury while others have the sky as their roof and the earth as their bed!?. Why is it that some children get a toy to play with every day while others shed silent tears , faces covered in grease?! Are these children of a lesser God?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the looking glass

Because I am a girl?

Just like a child..